Pidog has no sound or video

I did this several times already re downloaded all modules codes every single one again…rebooted. started back up again and zeroed the servos. The next step was to calibrate the pi dog and this is what i got. That is as far as it lets me go. The first robot hat i received with this kit did not do this. I will included the last two steps i did and could no longer get past. And again yes i did redownload all codes multiple times.

I finally got the servos to work but its still back to the same issue of no sound. I installed the mplayer and tried a howling code inputed it but no sound.

Please take off the robot hat and check if the speaker on the back is in good condition. Another possible situation is that if a metal heatsink has been installed on the Raspberry Pi CPU, it may be pressing down on the speaker diaphragm, preventing it from vibrating properly and producing sound.

I just saw that i do have a metal heat sink on the cpu. Should i remove it or is there another way of going about this?

Yes, you need to remove the metal heatsink. Or you need to raise the IO pins.
If you raise the pins, you’ll need a 2.54 pitch header, 2x20P, 11mm high plastic, 12.2mm pin length, and M2.5x30 nylon standoffs.
image (22)
image (21)

After raising the IO pins, the heatsink assembly won’t interfere with the speaker anymore.

Ok i will try removing the heat sink. Seems the simplest

Ok i took the heat sink out. I barely hear any audible sound. For example i input the code in to ‘‘pant’’ and i have to put my ear next to the dog to barely hear any sound at all. I do hear a pant but it is extremely low unless you put your ear next to the speaker. Is there a way to increase the volume? If there was a level between 1-10. The sound would be at one.

You can execute the command “sudo amixer -c 1 sset PCM 100%” and then run the sound example to see if the volume can be adjusted successfully.

This is a Linux command used to adjust the volume of the Raspberry Pi, and the explanation is as follows:

sudo: This command requires administrative privileges to execute, so it needs to be prefixed with sudo.
amixer: This is an ALSA audio mixer command-line tool used to adjust sound settings.
-c 1: This specifies that the sound card device number to be controlled is 1. On the Raspberry Pi, the sound card device number is usually 1. If you have multiple sound cards, you may need to adjust this parameter.
sset: This is a sub-command of the amixer command, used to set the volume parameter.
PCM: This is the name of the volume channel to be adjusted. On the Raspberry Pi, PCM usually represents the main volume channel.
100%: This is the percentage of volume to be set. In this example, the main volume is set to 100%.
In summary, this command will use administrative privileges, through the ALSA amixer tool, to set the main volume channel (PCM) of the Raspberry Pi to 100%. This is a common command-line way to adjust the volume on the Raspberry Pi.

Well i did execute this code for the raspberry pi for speaker volume. It was input correctly but it still has a faint sound at 100% I can barely hear the sound to the woohoo command or any other bark or pant command. The heat sink was also removed and there is space enough for the speaker. Any other ideas or problems it could be? Im not sure what else it could be…it sounds the same as it was with the heat sink on.

The speaker may have been damaged by the heatsink.
Let’s re-send the robot hat.
I recommend you remove the heatsink and then reassemble the robot hat, otherwise the speaker is likely to be damaged by the heatsink.
Because we only sent the replacement robot hat after testing and confirming it was working properly.

Ok sounds good. I removed the heat sink. I guess i need a new robot hat…What do i need to do? Thank you.

We will re-issue the robot hat. Please contact us at service@sunfounder.com
Note: Do not install a metal heatsink on the Raspberry Pi CPU, as it may press on the speaker diaphragm and prevent it from producing sound.

Ok will contact you. Heat sink was taken off thanks