PiPower external battery charging

Hello, I bought the PiPower module, however for some reason the ones in my country doesnt have the battery included. I therefore bought two 18650 3.6V 2600mAh batteries and connected them to the pipower as the document stated, that is, the green battery input. when I connected the pipower to the pi, it would not turn on. When I tried to charge the pipower, the red led would blink and the 4 leds would all light up. How can I fix this?

1.What is the version of your current pipower, we suggest to provide the physical and package pictures to us.
2.The battery you purchased does not match. Suggest to buy:
3.7V
Rechargeable
lithium ion battery
Flat top
No protection plate
To keep your device working for long periods of time, use a high-capacity battery whenever possible. It is recommended to purchase batteries with a capacity of 3000mAh and above.
Try to choose the same brand and model, and the voltage difference between two batteries is within 0.1V.
3. When pipower is charging, the red LED flashes and all 4 LEDs light up?
We suggest you provide us with a video of the problem so that we can analyze and solve the problem.

I cannot attach the video, however, the leds light up regardless of a battery being connected to the module

You buy this pipower, we are distributed with 5PIN interface battery Oh, you did not receive it.
You are using a 3.6V 18650 battery, the specifications do not match, we recommend that you use a 3.7V 18650 lithium battery.
If you can’t upload the video of the problem, we suggest you upload the recorded video to onedrive and share the shared link to us, give us permission to access the link, we can access the video link you provided.

after several attempts I do not think the led is the problem, since they light up regardless of the battery being connected, but still here is the video

I will try to change the battery to the suggestion, and also solder another jumper cable to the battery to connect to the battery input

1. Recommended purchase:
    3.7V
    Rechargeable
    Lithium-ion battery
    Flat top
    No protection plate
    To keep your device working for a long time, please use a high capacity battery if possible.
  2. From the video you provided, does it look like your battery compartment has the positive and negative terminals connected in series.
    Looking at the screen print on the top of the battery, it looks like the two batteries are placed in the same direction in the battery compartment. If the positive and negative terminals of the battery box are connected in series, it is normal that the two batteries are placed in the opposite direction in the battery box.

Sorry for my misunderstanding. I connected the battery in parallel instead of in a series. the modeul works now!

additionally, if i want to add a external on/off button to the module, where should I solder the button? the on/off pins next to the green battery io?

If you want to add an external switch. You need to connect the EN pin of the pipower board IO.
EN: Used as a switch signal. When connected to an external switch and grounded, it will turn off the PiPower. this is only active when the on-board switch is active.

is it possible to connect the wires to the EN and GND using soldering?

Hello,
I have a similar question about the EN pin.

So a switch needs to go between the EN pin and the ground? Is there any resistor or anything else needed? What is the voltage coming out of the EN pin?

I am attaching a very simple diagram below showing how I understand this should work, please let me know if this is correct.

Assuming this is correct, does “opening” the switch again turn the pipower back on?

Thank you

I was able to solder just a simple switch to the EN and ground without any resistors, did not check the voltage however. I think your diagram should work

Switch signal pin, used with 6-pin GND for external switch. Set the onboard switch to the ON position, and when the external switch grounds the pin, the system turns off. When the external switch leaves the pin floating, the switch is turned on. Only switches that can maintain their state after operation, such as latching buttons or toggle switches, can be used. Momentary buttons or keys with auto-reset function are not suitable. An additional switch is required. The voltage output of the EN pin is equal to the battery voltage.