Pironman 5 Case Fans

Hello all,

I have successfully assembled and have an operational Pi 5 booting from the NVMe.

The main CPU cooler fan is working correctly, but I have seen no activity from the two case fans.

I have repeatedly checked the wire polarity and as their colours keep cycling would confirm it is OK, but I have never seen them start to cool.

As a side note, the CPU temp hovers around 54degC in an ambient temp of 20degC, so not exactly impressed with that.

Have used the dashboard, but nothing there relating to the case fans operation.

Do I have a faulty board?

Don’t know why your case fans are not running beside maybe the software didn’t got installed correctly.

But…. Mine is running like 37 to 43 c idle.
Did you remove the plastic foil from both sides of the pads?

By the way, don’t forget that it is only at certain temps and your setting accordingly will turn on the case fans…

• 4: Quiet: The RGB fans will activate at 70°C.
  • 3: Balanced: The RGB fans will activate at 67.5°C.
  • 2: Cool: The RGB fans will activate at 60°C.
  • 1: Performance: The RGB fans will activate at 50°C.
  • 0: Always On: The RGB fans will always on.

After installing the Pironman5 software, the RGB fan is set to work based on the CPU temperature by default. The fans will only turn on when the CPU temperature exceeds a set threshold.
If you want the RGB fans to run continuously, you can use the following command to change the fan mode:
https://docs.sunfounder.com/projects/pironman5/en/latest/control/control_with_commands.html#cc-control-fan

Command:
sudo pironman5 -gm 0
sudo systemctl restart pironman5.service

I think I have a faulty RGB fan. The RGB works on it but the fan is not spinning. I’ve checked the connection and reinstalled them but I still have the same issue. The other fan is working perfectly.

Hello all,

Update

In the end, after my brain turned on, given the rear fans only have two wires and the LEDs were working, it meant that the fans should have been turning. Upon removing the fans they would spin. So in the end, I had to place a thin spacer washer between the fan and case. They work fine now. For whatever reason, they were binding on the case.

Please provide us with the assembly diagram of your fan so that we can analyze and solve the problem.

If the direction of your RGB fan assembly is reversed, please flip the direction of the fan and reassemble it.

Reverse assembly can easily damage the fan. In fact, the fan is rotating, but due to your reverse assembly, the blades are in contact with the metal housing, and the blades are compressed and rubbed by the housing, which restricts the rotation of the blades.

If you want to assemble the fan in reverse, it is possible, but you need to use a spacer to create a small gap between the fan and the metal housing, so that the fan can work normally without external force restriction.

I believe the issue is with the fans themselves. They are mounted the right way as per the instructions and flow direction, but not enough clearance for the blades. So I removed the gauze as well and added the spacers for additional clearance, work fine now.

Can you provide us the video of the problem?
If you assemble the fan in the right direction and the fan blades don’t work properly, we will send you a replacement fan.
If the video memory is large, please upload the recorded video to onedrive, then share the video link with us and give us access to it.