Using my own web interface

Hi, I’m looking for guidance on how to bypass the need for the app and instead directly control my GalaxyRVR via a custom web interface. Are there alternative libraries or methods to access the camera feed and control it through my own code, bypassing the app? Any tips or documentation that would help me get started with creating my own web interface for this purpose? Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

The app obtains the camera feed via HTTP connection: http:<esp32_cam_ipaddress>:9000/mjpg. At the same time, it communicates with the ESP32 through WebSockets to control the vehicle. The app or your webpage acts as a WebSocket client and connects to the ESP32’s WebSocket server. The data sent by the client follows the JSON format, with key values corresponding to the control values ABC…, for example:

{“A”:“”,“B”:“”,“C”:“”,“D”:100,“E”:“true”, …}
The key values should match the control values in the UNO code:galaxy-rvr/galaxy-rvr/galaxy-rvr.ino at main · sunfounder/galaxy-rvr · GitHub A sending interval of 100ms is suitable, and the client will also receive JSON data in the same format from the server, representing values read from the ultrasonic module, etc.

This is the main code for the WebSocket service on the ESP32-CAM side.ai-camera-firmware/ws_server.cpp at main · sunfounder/ai-camera-firmware · GitHub

1 Like