First time user > totally lost

I’m following the YouTube video’s. The first video suggests that using ide 2.2.1 is important to avoid problems. Can’t find where or how to download ide 2.2.1. So now i’m trying to use ide 2.3.2. With this setup the “port” menu under “tools” is grayed out. When i run the program i get a “no upload port provided” HELP

The basic functionality of IDE 2.2.1 and IDE 2.3.2 is the same.

Please provide us with the difficulties you encountered during your operation, so that we can help you analyze and solve the problem.

I apologize for the useless description of my problems. Facts: I’m using the Sunfounder Elite Explorer Kit w/Original Uno R4 WiFi. My computer a new GMKtec M2 Pro mini computer is equipped with 11th generation Intel Core i7-1195G7 processor, main frequency up to 5.0 GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, 12MB cache. I installed ide 2.3.2. The “port” menu, under “tools” is grayed out - so I can’t assign a port. Under “tools” menu, Board:“Arduino UNO R4 WiFi”. When I run the program I get “Upload error: Failed uploading: no upload port provided”
This is the program:
void setup() {
pinMode(13,OUTPUT);
// put your setup code here, to run once:
}
void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
digitalWrite(13,HIGH);
}
Second problem: When I plug in power to “Arduino UNO R4 WiFi” board it goes thru a led light show ending up with a red heart in the middle. The YouTube video for Lesson 1 indicates that NO led’s should be on.

Do you have a laptop computer? I would suggest that you download the IDE version 2.3.2 on your laptop, then connect the Uno R4 WiFi to the computer, and upload the code. See how the results turn out.

Note: Before uploading the code, you need to select the correct board and port in the Arduino IDE.

Followed your suggestions with no improvement. Deleted everything “Arduino” from my computer and started over. Stil no improvement. As a last gasp I replaced the USB cord. Everything now is working fine. Thanks for your interest.

Could you please provide us with a video of the issue you’re experiencing? A video of your operating process would be very helpful.

If the video file is too large, please upload it to OneDrive and share the video link with us, granting us access to view it.

If we determine that the Uno R4 WiFi is the problem, we will arrange to send you a replacement.

The problem was with the USB cord I was using. Thanks for your interest.