Pironman 5 Case stopped working after reboot (Unable to launch pironman5.service)

Hey everyone,

I can’t get the installed Pironman 5 software to run on a raspberry pi 5. It worked initially, until I installed some updates and rebooted. I’ve gone through the steps in the below link, but when I try to manually launch pironman5.service, nothing happens - terminal just hangs like it’s waiting for a response and I’m still unable to change any configuration settings. Anyone run into this issue or have an idea why I can’t launch the background service?

https://docs.sunfounder.com/projects/pironman5/en/latest/set_up_pironman5.html

Are you booting the system from an SD card or an SSD?
1.Please connect the display and launch pironman5, take a look at the information on the display screen, and take a photo of the information displayed on the screen to share with us.
2.Suggest you reinstall the system, then install the pironman5 software again, and then try rebooting or powering on/off to see how it’s working.

Hi im having the same problem ie the pironman5.service wont start during installation or if i try to start it manually

1.Could you please let us know what system and version you are currently using? This will help us better understand the environment and reproduce the problem.
2.When you say the pironman5 is unable to start during the installation process, I’m not quite clear on what you mean.
3.If you have not successfully installed the pironman5 software, then running any pironman5 software commands would not be effective.
4.To restart the pironman5 software, you would first need to ensure the software is properly installed.
Alternatively, if you can provide a video of the problem you are experiencing, that would also help us understand and assist you better.

im having the same problem using newest os debian bookworm

We recommend that you provide us with a video of the issue and screenshots of your operations, which will help us analyze and resolve the problem.

If the video file is large, please upload it to OneDrive and share the link with us along with access permissions.