Galaxy RVR wifi dropping

the wifi will connect for a short while then drop and will not reconnect until I press the reset button on the Arduino board, I have not had issues with my Bluetooth tank kit, but I was thinking if wifi is so easily disrupted maybe it would be better to switch it to Bluetooth?

Are you using the AP mode? The Wi-Fi gain on the ESP32 Cam in AP mode is rather poor, so the Wi-Fi signal range is narrow, only around 5M. If you want better control over the range, you can try using the Wi-Fi STA mode, which means connecting to your router.

where can I get info on the Wi-Fi STA mode?

1.Download the Arduino IDE, refer to the guide at Lesson 3: Entering the World of Arduino and Coding — SunFounder GalaxyRVR Kit for Arduino 1.0 documentation
2.Download the Galaxy RVR code from GitHub - sunfounder/galaxy-rvr
3.Install the SoftPWM library in the Arduino IDE
4.Open the galaxy-rvr/galaxy-rvr/galaxy-rvr.ino file in the Arduino IDE, and modify the WiFi configuration, refer to the attached image
5.Download the code to the Arduino Uno. Note that before downloading, the Upload switch needs to be set to the Upload position. After the download is complete, switch it back.FAQ — SunFounder GalaxyRVR Kit for Arduino 1.0 documentation

If I use STA the rover can join the network. I see it from the router… and then I have the tablet join the network too but the tablet can’t find the rover

any ideas on how to troubleshoot the tablet-to-rover communication?

If you connect the rover using the STA mode to configure the network, your phone or tablet will connect to the router’s Wi-Fi. This allows the rover and mobile device to be on the same local area network, enabling you to connect through the app. Instead of looking for the Galaxy RVR’s Wi-Fi on the mobile device.