PiDog Servos shaking

While idling, I have an issue with (2) servos. The head and right front shakes. I can stop it from shaking if I touch the head or foot.
I replaced the head servo with a “non-sunfounder” servo, since there is no model number or way to buy it on Amazon. Nevertheless, the new servo has the same shaking problem, which leads me to think it is the hat.

I have videos, but the upload does not work, the file size is 9MB. Is there an email to send the vidoes. Thanks

If the video file for your problem is large, we suggest you upload the video to OneDrive, then share the video link with us and give us access permissions.

If you have replaced the servo on other parts to the head, will it still jitter?

Here is a link:

The head shake was much faster than shown, the camera phone frame rate was not fast enough.
The videos are using Sunfounder supplied servos.
Thanks

What I mean is, if you put the non-jittery servo to a jittery pin interface, will the servo also start jittering? Or is the jittering issue fixed to the servo itself, and it will jitter no matter which pin interface it is connected to?
The camera’s frame rate is not fast enough, which may be related to the network. I suggest you try a network with a stronger signal to see if that helps. It’s also a fact that the resolution of the Raspberry Pi camera is not very high, which is an inherent limitation.

The leg jitters:
After moving the pins around, I did not see the same problem. I then removed the servo from the front leg and moved it to the back leg. Then moved the back leg servo to the front.
The problem has not returned on the leg. BUT, the position of the leg (when sitting) differs now, so I think the servo is defective still. See video PiDog_Shake2

The head jitters:
Moving the pins around yielded a similar problem on the servo, not the hat.

So after much investigating, it appears the (2) servo motors may either be weak, or just have to much backlash in the gear drive. The hat appears to be ok.

The leg jitters: (See video Pidog_Shake2.)
After moving the pins around, I did not see the same problem.
I then removed the servo from the front leg and moved it to the back leg. Then moved the back leg servo to the front.
The problem has not returned on the front leg, using the back leg servo.
The back leg servo does not jitter either, but it is not in the same position as the front leg, when sitting. The servo is still defective, but it is just in a position that doesn’t cause a jitter (or shaking).

The head jitters:
Moving the pins around yielded a similar problem on the servo, not the hat.

So after much investigating, it appears the (2) servo motors may either be weak, or just have to much backlash in the gear drive. The hat appears to be ok.

We will send you two servos.Please contact us at service@sunfounder.com