Pironman 5 no display since EEPROM edit

So I got my Pironman 5 up and running and everything was working fine, except when I powered down all the lights would stay on. I noticed in the Sunfounder docs it tells you to do the following:

After I did that, the next time I shutdown, when I powered on I got no display. The unit seemed to be powered on and the lights were flashing, but no display output.

In the end I stripped it all down, took the Pi 5 out and tested it on its own. Still no display on boot.

So I ended up re-flashing the EEPROM and got a green display out. This got the Pi booting again, so I made a new SD card with Pi OS on it, booted and everything fine. Great I thought…

So I rebuilt the case back to normal. Powered on, and exactly the same problem returned. No display.

Does anyone know what is going on?

You configure the shutdown to deactivate the GPIO power supply by modifying only POWER_OFF_ON_HALT, changing the setting in the file to 1:
POWER_OFF_ON_HALT=1 and save the changes. It will take effect after reboot, and other contents do not need to be changed.
When you shut down and restart, the screen is not displayed?
We suggest you record the operation process video to us, so that we can analyze and solve the problem.

I managed to fix the issue, I had to SSH into the Pironman and install the software that way, once I did that the display came back to life. I haven’t touched the EEPROM edit this time

Yes. After install our pironman5 software, you need to go to the Raspberry Pi system terminal and enter the download and install command to install our pironman5 software.
So how did you do it before?