Access to Calibration

In playing with my Sloth robot I stumbled upon a calibration page. What is the purpose and use of this feature? How do I access it? Any information would be appreciated Thanks

After connecting the PiSloth, there will be a calibration step. This is because there may be a deviation during the installation process, or the limitation of the servo itself, which makes some servo angles slightly tilted, so it can be calibrated at this step.
But if you think the assembly is perfect and no calibration is needed, you can also skip this step.
The following pictures are the steps for calibrating the page [web page]
The steps on the mobile side are the same as those on the website.

Using calibrate I have not been able to establish if I go for a more negative/positive setting does that move the servo clockwise or counterclockwise. I have been able to learn that as you apply more correction the sloth’s steps are modified or am I just not observing properly? Thanks, Sunfounder.

Calibration will not change the servo angle by a large amount, because our calibration value range has upper and lower limits. To be precise, it is the fine-tuning calibration after assembly.
If you choose a more negative/positive setting when you calibrate, yes it will move the servo clockwise or counterclockwise, but the angular movement will be small.
As long as you have completed the servo zero adjustment before assembly, whether to calibrate or not to calibrate will not have a great impact on the sloth’s pace.
If you want your sloth to work more perfectly, there may be deviations during the installation process, or the limitation of the servo itself, which makes some servo angles slightly tilted, and you can fine-tune the calibration to reduce the angle deviation.