Ezblock Studio Not Recognizing Bluetooth Connection

I have the ezblock OS installed on my 3B+ in a picrawler. Bluetooth is running and I have set my IOS device as trusted using bluetoothctl. My IOS device connects successfully to the raspberrypi via bluetooth but Ezblock Studio does not see any bluetooth connects available.

Any suggestions for resovling this will be appreciated

Did you download the ezblock OS from this link: EzblockStudio/download?

Could you record a video of your connection process? This will help us analyze and resolve the issue.

After you install ezblock OS on your SD card and insert it into the Raspberry Pi, can you hear a loud sound when it starts up? If you do, it means ezblock OS has booted successfully.

Once you have installed the ezblock APP on your mobile device, you can open the app to connect. Remember, the first time you connect, there will be pop-ups for Bluetooth and WiFi permissions that you need to allow.

If you can’t find the Bluetooth connection, check your Bluetooth settings to see if you have connected before; if so, ignore that and try to connect again.

What iOS version are you currently using on your device? You might also try connecting with another phone or tablet to see if that works.

Yes I am running the 2021-1-11 v1.2.3 lite buster OS image. It is booting properly to a command prompt.

I had significant difficulties getting a default bluetooth controller to appear in bluetoothctl but after downloading SunFounder’s robot-hat utilities and running it’s setup, this problem was resolved. Once I used bluetoothctl to trust my IOS device’s MAC address I was able to connect to the picrawler with bluetooth but not with Ezblock Studio. I was running iPadOS 17.6.

I just updated to iPadOS 17.7 and retried Ezblock studio and my raspberrypi now appears in the connection options. The robot is responding and ready to be calibrated.

Thanks for your assistance. I am unclear why updating the iPadOS made a difference but clearly it did.

I wish your project goes smoothly.
Perhaps you were able to connect successfully before. iOS devices cache the Bluetooth information of the Raspberry Pi, so when you start the app to search for Bluetooth connections, it may not find it. You need to go to the iOS Bluetooth settings and ignore the previously connected Raspberry Pi Bluetooth information. After that, restart the app to attempt the connection again; this might allow you to find and connect to the Raspberry Pi’s Bluetooth.

This is a situation specific to iOS devices, which is quite odd. If you were using an Android device, you might not encounter this issue.

Additionally, the system version could also lead to a series of compatibility problems with the app.