Pironman 5 pwm fan and sd card extender

So I noticed the sd card extender is to short and needs to be replaced but the pwm fan not working either sucks aswell

It wont spin at boot and pwm fan speed wont show in the dashboard. I tried couple fixes and added bunch of stuff to the config.txt in the firmware but nothing is working.

Im on the verge of refunding it…

the pwm fan connector holes were blocked by plastic and broke my fan pin on the pi -.-

Stay away from the product now, we buyer are basically quality control :frowning:

1.If the SD expansion board is causing the SD card to fail to boot properly, we will send you a replacement SD expansion board.
2.The PWM fan on the Pironman 5 is controlled by the Raspberry Pi system. The operation of the PWM fan is based on the temperature of the Raspberry Pi 5:
Below 50°C, the PWM fan remains off (0% speed).
At 50°C, the fan starts at a low speed (30% speed).
At 60°C, the fan increases to a medium speed (50% speed).
At 67.5°C, the fan ramps up to a high speed (70% speed).
At temperatures above 75°C, the fan operates at full speed (100% speed).
Please refer to our tutorial for more information:Fans — SunFounder Pironman 5 documentation

If it is confirmed that the PWM fan is not working, we can send you a new PWM fan. However, you mentioned that the PWM fan connector hole was blocked by plastic, causing the fan pins on the Pi 5 to break.

This may have occurred if you connected the PWM fan incorrectly to the Pi 5 fan pins, leading to the PWM fan not functioning. Forcing the PWM fan into the Pi 5 fan pins and then removing it can easily damage the pins. If the PWM fan is incorrectly connected, it can get stuck, making it difficult to remove. Forcing it out may pull the pins from the Pi 5.

If you connect the Pi 5 pins correctly, it should be loose, and you won’t encounter issues with the PWM fan connector hole being blocked by plastic or breaking the Pi 5 pins during removal.

Yes I do need a as card expander… the pwm fan is running but still the cheap production of the fan connector bent 2 pins

Gesendet von Outlook für iOS

1.We will send a replacement SD expansion board.pelase contact us at service@sunfounder.com.
2.Are there still 2 bent pins on the fan connector? Is it the fan pins on the IO expansion board? It may have been caused by pressure during shipping. You can try straightening the pins. If it does not work properly, we will send you a new module.