Pironman 5 won't boot with IO Expander connected

Fans run fine but will not boot when installed.
If I remove the IO Expander the system boots.
I have disconnected fans and OLED with no change.
Bare Expander will not allow boot.

have you follow all steps instructions Set Up on Raspberry Pi/Ubuntu/Kali/Homebridge OS — SunFounder Pironman 5 documentation
which os are you using? did you install plastic between gpio pins and heatsink, it could cause short in pins. have you a good psu for rpi5? have you install the right software for pironman5?

Yes, to all. Had to remove the IO Expander to do the software updates since the expander prevents the pi from booting. Raspian 64 per pi imager and have moved it from microsd to NMVe 2TB device. Without expander all works (no fans or OLED of course). 45W psu (CanaKit)…

I tried the expander on another Pi5 with same result. This test had only the expander plugged into the Pi5. Booted without, but did not boot with it installed.

As I can see, the problem come from the gpio expander itself. At this point I suggest you to contact sunfounder support for a new expander. You can contact them at service@sunfounder.com but actually they are in holiday, so you won’t get answered until next Tuesday.

Thank you for your time. I have sent them an email and will wait for their response.

I’m sad for you, but in general, Pironman5 is a good product. Sunfounder have a good consumers support. By my side, the only issue I got is about SD card extender. Still waiting for a new fixed part…