Pironman 5 Won't Power On with 27w PSU

I put together the whole kit (I also have a pi4 pironman case as well which works great.) Knowing that the new pi5 takes a different PSU (27w) I bought one and hooked it up. When I finished putting everything together and installing Ubuntu, I hit the power button… Nothing… Made sure it was plugged in, checked by plugging in my pixel 7a, charging light popped up… Tried fiddling with the wire, still nothing. So I unplugged my pi4 power cord from the pironman4, plugged it into the pironman 5, clicked the switch, boom, fired right up! However, once Ubuntu loads, it complains that the PSU isn’t sufficient, that I need more power. In the pictures attached, the white PSU is the 27w psu (it doesn’t have a power switch in the line). The black one is a the canakit PSU with an inline switch. Does anyone know why it won’t power on without a PSU that has an inline switch!?

If you disassemble the Pironman 5 and power the PI5 separately with a 27W power supply, will it start up normally? If the PI5 powers on correctly when supplied separately but fails to start when you connect our USB HDMI adapter, we will send you a replacement USB HDMI adapter.

I’ll take it apart and make a video, that way either way, anyone who has this issue can see what happens. More to come, thank you for the quick response!