Piornman5 Fan Issues

Dharma: which OS are you running? The kernel downgrade worked perfectly for me but I am running RaspiOS… Do you get the correct kernel version of 6.6.44?

I’m running a P5 with Linux raspberrypi 6.6.44-v8-16k+ #1789 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 5 15:24:18 BST 2024 aarch64 GNU/Linux and also no secondary fans or LED read out on the front panel …In addition trying to access the URL raspberrypi.local or raspberrypi.lan display a page not found. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Have you install Pironman5 software?

https://docs.sunfounder.com/projects/pironman5/en/latest/set_up/set_up_rpi_os.html

And do you mean you can’t access to dashboard? Website is your IP address with :34001

manrabbithouse:
Your OLED screen is not working, and you cannot access the PC dashboard. It is possible that you did not install our pironman5 software correctly, or there was an error during installation that caused the process to terminate.Is the RGB light on your IO expansion board working?

Please follow our tutorial to install the pironman5 software:Set Up on Raspberry Pi/Ubuntu/Kali/Homebridge OS — SunFounder Pironman 5 documentation

If you installed the pironman5 software correctly but the OLED screen still does not display anything, please verify the following:

1.What system are you currently using?
2.Use the following command to check if the OLED’s I2C address 0x3C is recognized:
sudo i2cdetect -y 1
3.If the I2C address 0x3C is detected, run the command to restart the pironman5 service:
sudo systemctl restart pironman5.service
4.If the I2C address is not detected, please execute the command:
sudo nano /boot/firmware/config.txt
Add the following line at the end of the file:
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
Press Ctrl + X, then Y to save and exit.
Restart pironman5 and check the results.

Dharma:
We recommend that you provide a video of the fan noise, as well as a recording of your process controlling the RGB fans after downgrading the kernel. This will give us a clearer understanding and help us analyze and solve the issue.

If the video file is large, please upload it to OneDrive and share the link with us, granting us access.

As requested, I have attached a link to the video verifying the kernel version, the fan set to quiet which according to your guys docs it’s should only go on after a certain point (70c, clearly I’m nowhere near that) and still doesn’t work fans running full speed.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiXYEUSLNYEFjhZdQOF42S9IIvDa

Thank you for your help great customer service so far :pray:

1 Like

Please try executing:
ln -s /dev/gpiochip0 /dev/gpiochip4

Then control the RGB fan and see if it works properly.

From the video you provided, it appears that the D1 LED on your IO expansion board is flickering inconsistently, and the voltage seems unstable, possibly indicating insufficient power.
What are the specifications of the power supply you are using?
It is recommended to use the official Raspberry Pi 27W power supply.

Says file already exists.

It is the official RaspberryPi powersupply that is powering the pironman5.

What you’re seeing is not D1 but the D7 diode

Now, go to the PC dashboard to control the RGB fan and check the results.

If it still doesn’t work, I recommend reinstalling the system and then installing the pironman5 software.

Make sure not to update the kernel:
Please do not execute sudo rpi-update or sudo apt upgrade.

1 Like

Just a point to note, since back grading my kernel to 6.6.44 to fix my always-on RGB fans problem, executing the latter of those commands hasn’t affected the kernel version since…
(see screenshot)

i had to create a new account just to be able to reply (new users limited to 3 replies).

No luck with this

Before going trough the hassle of reinstalling the image to the drive I decided to stop the pironman5 service and reinstall the module restarted the raspberrypi and this did the trick…
fans are now controllable trough the dashboard
Thank you so much guys !

1 Like

I reinstalled latest eeprom 6.6.51-v8-16k+ and everything work fine.

1 Like

Ditto for me too! Weird… (not you :wink: )

1 Like

I’ve updated as well and all is good :+1:

2 Likes

The official should fix the kernel that affected the GPIO.