Problems PironMan reading Raspberry Pi OS SD Card

I’m having problems with my PironMan. When I try testing the build, power comes on for both the raspberry pi and the Pironman (LEDs light up on the boards) but I get a message saying the SD Card can’t be read. I’ve used two different SD cards (64GB and 16GB) with both the 64 bit and 32 bit raspberry OS. Same result in each case. The system can’t read the SD card. I’ve tested the fan and it works as it should. I also have a problem with the power switch not working.

SD card not recognized?

1. Please make sure your wiring is correct, it is better to provide us with pictures so that we can confirm.
  2. Whether the SD card has been burned into the system correctly.
  3. If your Raspberry Pi is connected to a screen, please take a picture of the detection message displayed on the screen when you start it up and send it to us.
  4. Please insert the SD card directly into the Raspberry Pi card slot to see if it works, otherwise there is a problem with the Raspberry Pi card slot or the SD card.
  5. You only need to connect an external power supply to power the pironman motherboard, the pironman motherboard will deliver power to the Raspberry Pi. You no longer need a separate external power supply for your Raspberry Pi.

The power button doesn’t work?

1. What system are you using and what version of the system are you using.
    Is it our compatible system. Our tutorial has introduced the compatible system, please see the tutorial:
    Pironman V2.0- SunFounder Mini PC Kit for Raspberry Pi — SunFounder Pironman documentation

2. Are all the short connectors on the motherboard connected? Is the power supply wired correctly?

3. If your pironman motherboard is connected to the power supply and the power button indicator does not light up, please press the power button briefly to see if you can start the power supply.

4. Please provide the problem video to us, so that we can analyze the problem.

Thanks for the response. It will take me a couple of days to get the items below completed. I’ll send the results then.

Tom

~WRD0001.jpg

1 Like

I have 14 pictures to send but the system will only allow me to send one at a time. Can you change this is do I need to send them one at a time?

1. Please make sure your wiring is correct, it is better to provide us with pictures so that we can confirm.

All of the pictures, after the first four, show different views of the wiring of the parts that wkae up the assembly.

1. Whether the SD card has been burned into the system correctly.

The raspberry pi booted with the SD card. See the first two pics.

1. If your Raspberry Pi is connected to a screen, please take a picture of the detection message displayed on the screen when you start it up and send it to us.

The forth picture is the start up screen when the raspberry pi is connected to the pironman motherboard. I didn’t take a video because the screen just repeats every 20 seconds.

1. Please insert the SD card directly into the Raspberry Pi card slot to see if it works, otherwise there is a problem with the Raspberry Pi card slot or the SD card.

The second and third pics show the raspberry pi startup screen and the desktop. These were shot with the raspberry pi connected only to a keyboard, monitor and power. The first pic shows the raspberry pi mounted to the pironman motherboard with the connections for the monitor, keyboard and power. This is the same setup used, without the pironman, when I tested the SD card booting with just the raspberry pi.

1. You only need to connect an external power supply to power the pironman motherboard, the pironman motherboard will deliver power to the Raspberry Pi. You no longer need a separate external power supply for your Raspberry Pi.

The power button doesn’t work?

1. What system are you using and what version of the system are you using.

I’m using version 2 of the pironman kit with a raspberry pi 4 ver B with 4gb ram.

Is it our compatible system. Our tutorial has introduced the compatible system, please see the tutorial:
Pironman V2.0- SunFounder Mini PC Kit for Raspberry Pi — SunFounder Pironman documentation

1. Are all the short connectors on the motherboard connected? Is the power supply wired correctly?

As far as I know, all of the short connectors on the mother board are connected. I have not moved or removed any of the jumper blacks. The power supply I used is a raspberry pi power supply. All wiring is enclosed I the power brick. Since it has successfully powered the raspberry pi 4, the wiring must be correct.

1. If your pironman motherboard is connected to the power supply and the power button indicator does not light up, please press the power button briefly to see if you can start the power supply.

The power button does light up when the power supply is connected to the pironman motherboard. It doesn’t turn the power off or on.

1. Please provide the problem video to us, so that we can analyze the problem.

The screen shot of the boot up screen that appears when the system (raspberry pi + pironman) is booted up is the fourth picture in the group. Since the only thong that happens is that this screen is repeated every 20 seconds, I have not made a video. If you would like a different video, please let me know what that video should contain.

Since I haven’t received an answer to my last note - I’ll send the pictures one at a time.

Thank you for the photos, we need to analyze them and expect to get back to you tomorrow.

You mean to say:
When you insert the SD card with the system into the SD card port on the pironman motherboard, the system does not boot and the SD card is not recognized.
When you insert the SD card with the system alone into the Raspberry Pi SD card port, the system boots normally and the SD card is recognized.
If our analysis above is correct, there may be a problem with the bridge or FFC cable of the SD card, or there may be a problem with the SD interface of the pironman motherboard.
If so, we will send you a replacement SD card bridge and FFC cable first. If the SD card is still not recognized after replacing the SD card bridge and FFC cable, the SD card interface of the pironman motherboard may be damaged.

What you’ve said, above, is the problem I’m having. Please send the replacement parts.

Our after-sales team will contact you later, so please check your email.

I received the replacement for the SD card bridge and the FFC cable. I’ve included pictures of the items I received. One shows the plastic bag the items came in, the other shows the existing FFC cable and the one I received.

The one I received will not work with the PironMan. As the photo shows it is less then half the length of the original FFC. Please send the FFC and adapter. Let me know when I can expect to receive it.

I’m very sorry, we did resend the wrong FCC cable.
However, judging from the wiring diagram of the SD bridge you provided, it may not be the damage of the SD bridge that causes the SD card to be unrecognized.
Rather, your FCC cable is wired in the opposite direction. The SD card is not recognized.
For the correct wiring diagram, please see the picture we provided.